Friday, May 4, 2012

use-what-you-got chili

I was never much of a chili fan growing up, not sure why. Now here I am, taking time to blog about chili.
What a world we live in.
Anyways, many days when I get home from work, I do a mental search of what I could possible make for dinner (after potty-ing dogs, putting on my pajamas, putting away dishes, etc)

Well, Thursday was a blustery, relatively cold day here in the north-state, so I thought - how about chili?
Well, here goes.

I like to start with one can of canned chili (high sodium, I know, but it kinda gets things going) in a saucepan.
I add as much of a can of black beans as I feel like, which was about 3/4 of a can.
I added a spoonful of tomato paste (the picture below lies).

 
Then, I added whatever veggies I had that would work.
Green pepper, onion, and frozen corn. However much I wanted.
Also, if you have veggies you forgot were in the fridge, like, say 2 ears of fresh corn-better make it!
 Then you do this and let it get nice and hot. I added random spices. 
I also added a spoonful of bbq sauce. Why? I don't know. But it was good.
Let it simmer until your fiance (or dinner-mate) gets home.
 Then, you fry up some corn tortilla pieces - mmmmmm.

 In all their greasy goodness.


Add whatever you can think of - I had cheese (cubed because the only grater we own was dirty) and sour cream. Chives would have been nice - but I couldn't find them in my fridge, what do you know.

There you have it. Fiance-approved meal.

(not all meals are so lucky)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...