Tuesday, May 15, 2012

twenty four and a new design

Well, here I am. Twenty-four. My grandfather treated me to a target gift card, so I treated myself to a new dress, sandals, and matching bracelet. I "saved" them (am I the only one that does this?) for my birthday dinner at 5th Street Steakhouse (read: best restaurant in Chico). I had Kev take some pictures of me, but lets just say he is still getting used to the new camera. 

Anyways, back to me. Friday, the ladies at work so graciously took me out to a wonderful lunch at Grana, a new Italian eatery here in town. I, of course, ordered the chicken salad sandwich. mmmm.

After work, a Mary Kay consultant named Cynthia came over to do a facial and make-up for my birthday. I won a free make-over thing from a drawing I entered at the Chico Outdoorsman Expo about a month ago. It was so much fun! I have been in kind of a make-up rut lately, so it gave me the kick I needed to play around a bit more and get dolled up. Kev even trimmed the beard!

Margaret asked me to take a picture of the makeover, so here ya go Madgie!
p.s. I am not going to pretend that I didn't edit those photos just a weeeee bit.

Anyways, the birthday was great. In other news, things look a little different around here lately.
I completely redesigned the blog last week. The entire color scheme was based on this pin


and I used a few of these keys, with some slight alterations
(I cannot for the life of me remember where this was pinned from-oops)
the new font is Traveling Typewriter font 


I created the beige&white stripes using paint.net which is a free, photoshop-like program


oh, and the leaf up top is "u" in MTF Flower Doodles font

Hope you like it!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. the makeover looks nice! what did you edit? we would've never known

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always save my new clothes to debut them on a special occasion! Not weird at all in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...