Tuesday, March 13, 2012

That's a wrap!

Aren't Friday's just like nothing else. They are so great at leading into a Saturday that it almost makes Thursday full of the same awesomeness - merely by being the day before Friday. Just a thought.

We chilled Friday and ate a yummy dinner of I can't remember what. We made a game-plan for Saturday (which we do often). They go like this..we plan out the day verbally, as if we participate in some grand scheme of activities and must do so to keep a day together, then we repeat the chronological plan verbally to make sure we both understand. Then when it is time to actually enact the gameplan (Saturday early morning) Kev pretends like we didn't just plan out the entire day the night before - and makes me repeat it all again.

So we got up super duper early in preparation for intentional garage-saling. I had addresses written down, coffee in travel mugs, and my iPhone maps app ready. The goal: Dining room table and chairs. Maybe an entry-way table? Other things our new place could use. No junk.

The result: the exact kind of dining room set I was looking for within our price range (okay, maybe just a tiny bit over because it was perfect) and a few rugs in great shape for around the sliding glass doors (puppy mud prints). That's it I think..like I said - no junk!

Introducing our new table! Don't mind the mess on top..

 It has six beautiful chairs and a leaf - so it will grow with us. Very excited about it and looking forward to recovering the cushions and re-staining the top at some point.

We then went to our old stomping grounds (Broadway) to clean the place and meet with our landlord. Turns out there is one good thing about living in a small place - less to clean. It went pretty fast (thanks to our gameplan) and we were done in a few hours. We parted ways with our landlord, deposit check in hand, and the last load of junk stuff in Kev's truck. We ran some errands and by the time we got to our new home we were too tired to even unload anything.

Sunday was rough. Really, how does losing one single hour wreck such havoc?!? Besides the pups waking up at 5:45 (really 4:45), I ended up falling asleep while knitting in the afternoon (yes, I am 23). We had a yummy breakfast, watched some NASCAR, unloaded the truck, made a Target run for some stuff for the house and just "Sunday stuff" like laundry and organizing and such.

Here's to being 98% done moving!! And our first storm last night in the new place! And the pups being able to RUN (see photo).

We miss you, families!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...